E-filing, including electronic payment, is now available for forms related to construction industry grievances under s. 133 of the Labour Relations Act, 1995. All other filing methods previously permitted by the Board’s Rules of Procedure remain available.
The updated forms for a Referral of Grievance (A-86), Request for Hearing/Notice of Intent to Defend (A-87) and Response/Intervention (A-88) may now be e-filed along with attachments. If a filing fee is required, the filing party will be directed to the online payment page to pay by VISA or Mastercard. The filing party will receive confirmation by email that the form has been submitted and payment, if required, has been made.
For more information, please see HOW TO E-FILE below and Information Bulletin # 20.
E-FILING CORRESPONDENCE AND OTHER MATERIAL
A reminder that the Electronic Submissions Form (A-108) may be used to attach and e-file letters, submissions or other material (subject to size limits). It is not to be used to file Applications/Interventions/Responses or other Board forms, Books of Authorities, Books of Documents or membership evidence.
DEADLINE FOR USE OF PREVIOUS BOARD FORMS
All Board forms were revised and updated during the development of e-filing. Please note that effective May 1, 2019, the Board will no longer accept previous versions of its forms. (Updated forms are PDFs which have the Ontario Coat of Arms at the top left.) Parties are encouraged to access Board forms on its website rather than storing forms on desktops as they may be updated electronically from time to time.
HOW TO E-FILE
Download the form to your computer and then complete it using Adobe Acrobat only. Do not use your browser to complete the form.
Click here for E-Filing FAQs and the Filing Guide.
- You must have an internet connection, a valid email address and up-to-date Adobe Acrobat in order to submit your form online. You may download the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader from the following website: https://get.adobe.com/reader/.
- Forms may be e-filed by using the SUBMIT button at the end of the form.
- Forms are fillable online and may be saved and printed at any time. Use the Save or Print Form buttons on the form.
- When e-filing, documents can be attached to the forms, subject to a size limit.
- The Applicant is no longer required to deliver a blank response form or Information Bulletin to the other parties.
- Signatures are not required on these forms.
- If a form is e-filed, a confirmation email will be sent upon receipt by the Board.
- The e-filing system is not encrypted nor is it mandatory. Accordingly, you may wish to consider filing your form and any documents by another method permitted under the Board's Rules.
The Board is interested in receiving feedback on the new forms and the e-filing system. Please leave your comments here. You may do so anonymously. Comments will not be included in any Board file.
New Items of Interest
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE THAT Rules 31.3, 34.2 and 34.3 of the Board’s Rules of Procedure and Information Bulletin No. 20 have been amended to facilitate the launching of the new A-86 and A-87 forms and the Board’s online payment system.
There is no longer a requirement for any party to deliver:
- a blank copy of the Request for Hearing and Notice of Intent to Defend (Form A-87),
- a blank Response form (A-88)
- a blank Payment of Fee by Credit Card (Form A-89)
- a copy of Information Bulletin No. 20
- a copy of Part VI of the Board’s Rules of Procedure
NOTICE TO THE COMMUNITY
Please be advised that the Ontario Labour Relations Board will neither schedule nor hold hearings from December 24, 2018 to January 2, 2019 inclusive. Matters of an urgent nature, however, may be scheduled on an expedited basis, as determined by the Board, during this period. Applications will be processed in the usual manner on the dates that the Board is open for business including: December 24, 27, 28, 31, 2018 and January 2, 2019.
Please note the hearing schedule for s. 133 grievance referrals over the holiday season. more...